Take Two Practice Series
PACE in Everyday Practice
- 23 March 2020
- 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Berry Street Professional Learning & Development are delighted to partner with Berry Street's Take Two Practice Development Team to offer a new Take Two Practice Series.
The following three workshops will be delivered throughout 2020:
- Therapeutic Principles and Practice - An Introduction to the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT)
- Therapeutic Interventions - Planning and Practice
- PACE in Everyday Practice
About this course
PACE (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) forms one of the foundational platforms for all therapeutic work with traumatised children as it aims to help children and young people feel understood, connected and safe.
The PACE approach imbues day to day interactions with intentional relationship-based interventions that over time reduce shame and negativity while building understanding, trust and joy.
This workshop is based on the work of Dan Hughes, who developed the PACE approach as part of Attachment-Focussed Family Therapy (AFFT).
- Understand why traditional behavioural management approaches can end up in power struggles and repeated relational ruptures
- Understand the benefits of the PACE approach to the child and the carer
- Build knowledge about the four elements of PACE
- Build skills in responding with PACE, and
- Practice teaching parents and carers about how to use the approach.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is targeted at those people who work directly with parents, carers and young people.
Early Bird Rate: $285.00 (incl. GST) - register and pay by 1 April 2020
Full Fee: $305.00 (incl. GST)
Please read our Payment Terms & Conditions.
Berry Street Eaglemont Office, 677 The Boulevard, Eaglemont
Payment Terms & Conditions
Payment must be made at the time of registration and only credit cards (VISA and Mastercard) will be accepted. Your registration will not be confirmed unless payment has been processed.
A confirmation/tax invoice will be issued upon registration to your nominated email address.
A full refund will be issued for cancellations up until 7 days prior to the workshop. No refunds will be issued after this date however substitutions are welcome.
Please be advised if payment or cancellation notification is not received as per the above terms and conditions your ability to attend future events will be impacted.
Should Berry Street cancel a course for any reason, those registered at this time will be entitled to a full refund of registration fees only, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.